Monday 30 September 2013

First Interview

On Saturday, September 28th, I had my first interview. The local hardcore band Empty Hands kindly obliged to be interviewed by me.
My camera guy, Daniel, and I were meeting up with 3/5 of them at The Forks and even though we were 20 minutes late, they were totally good about it.
At first glance they look a bit intimidating with their piercings, tattoos, and snapbacks. But right away they proved to be, almost surprisingly, easy going and even goofy. I made a bit of conversation with them while Daniel set up his equipment and they didn't fail to make me laugh.
Josh came across as the charming joker of the group, while Dylan had an earnest, sweet disposition, and Joel, though more serious, was good-humored.
The interview itself, with only a few minor malfunctions, went smoothly and their answers were delivered with ease and thoughtfulness.
Afterwards, we met up with the other two members, Jesse and Christian, who were snacking on some Chinese food. We rode the elevator up to the tower and snapped some photographs of them. The chemistry between the band was endearing, as if they were brothers fooling around and having a good time.
Parting ways, I felt really, really good about the day as a whole. In fact, I was elated. I can't wait till the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment