Monday 4 November 2013

The Struggle

With one interview under my belt, I thought it would be a cinch to gather a few more. However, it's proved to be a lot more difficult.
I myself being a bit of a hermit, have a lot of free time. And bands, jumping at any chance of publicity will readily comply to being interviewed. The problem is my camera man. He has many prior commitments and is hard to get a hold of. Not only that, he has a frustrating tendency to be elusive and receiving a confirmation or decline from him is a chore in itself.
I cannot entirely blame him though, this is my project and responsibility and he does have a life of his own to tend to. My recommendation to you is to obtain a good quality video camera, get a friend who is a recluse like you, and get that friend to make sure the video camera doesn't fall off the tripod or something when filming. Then go home and edit the video yourself, it's not that difficult. Look at Bryanstars! He's a well known, professional interviewer and his finished products are as simple as that.
So, whether you are an aspiring, eager, entrepreneur or a dramatic, stressed teenager, then take my word of advice and avoid tangly situations and unnecessary feuds.

1 comment:

  1. It's really too bad that some technical and scheduling difficulties are holding you back. You may have to supplement your original project with some written show reviews.

    ReplyDelete